When you are a long-haul driver, it is important that your drive is comfortable, cool, and free of stress. If you get too hot while driving, it can not only make you uncomfortable but drowsy as well. Drowsy driving leaves you less alert to hazards on the road and can lead to an accident, even death.
Most trucks today have high-powered air conditioner systems that keep the cabin in the right temperature so you can have a more enjoyable ride. It is common to overlook how important your air conditioning system is when you live in a cooler climate, but nothing is worse than not having air conditioning when you need it.
Five Tips To Keep Your A/C Running Smoothly
Whether you are driving locally or long haul, there are some things you can do before you need heavy truck repair on your air conditioning system.
• Remove Any Debris: Check your vent and condenser coils. If you find any leaves or other debris, remove them to prevent the compressor from working harder than it needs to.
• Check The Drive Belt: Your truck needs the drive belt to rotate the air conditioner compressor. If your drive belt is out of position or worn, it can prevent your air conditioner from operating at maximum capacity.
• Look At The O-Ring: If you think that there is not enough refrigerant (Freon) in your air conditioner, it is probably leaking from the O-ring. The good news is that if it needs to be replaced at a heavy truck repair shop, it is an easy and inexpensive fix, so you will be back on the road in no time.
• Examine The Compressor Clutch: The compressor clutch turns on the compressor. If you do not have enough refrigerant in your truck’s air conditioning system, this can prevent the compressor clutch from engaging the compressor.
• Repair Leaking Pipes: Before you replace the refrigerant into your truck’s A/C system, have an air conditioning specialist at a heavy truck repair shop check for any potentially leaking pipes. If not, you will be back at the shop again with no Freon.
Stay Cool All Summer Long With A Heavy Truck Repair Company
When it comes to air conditioning maintenance and repair, the air conditioning specialists at J & W Mechanical Fleet Services will not only do mechanical repairs but also fix electrical issues should there be any. Since we keep many common parts on hand, we can get you on the road quickly, efficiently, and for a reasonable price.